Updated: May 18, 2019
I’m so glad we’ve kicked off 2019 with our “Know the Word” challenge! It’s time to get started memorizing our second Scripture for the year!
What did God speak to you the past couple of weeks as you memorized your first Scripture? How has memorizing it—hiding it in your heart—changed you? Even if you don't feel you've fully memorized your first Scripture, that's ok! Choose your next one and keep moving forward! The goal isn't perfect memorization. It's seeking God through His Word and drawing closer to Him.
I have a download page I’d love to share with you if you’d like to dig a little deeper in what God has been speaking to you through His Word! This page is a way for you to record what Scripture you’ve memorized, what God has spoken to you through it, what He may be asking you to do, and a prayer in response to Him. (Click here to download!)
When we live listening to God, reading His Word, and praying in response—THIS is how we “pray without ceasing (1 Thess. 5:16).” We can live in a conversation with God.
(P.S. How cool would it be to record these thoughts + prayers for each of our Scriptures this year and then be able to look back at the end of the year at all God has spoken to us + how He’s answered our prayers?!)
Comment below with your next Scripture! I’m praying for you and cheering you on!
P.S. If you haven't joined our challenge yet but would like to, click "Subscribe Now" below to join! You'll receive email reminders + encouragement every two weeks when it's time to memorize a new Scripture. Jump on in!
• "Now this is what the Lord says--the One who created you, Jacob, and the One who formed you, Israel--'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are mine.'" (Isaiah 43:1, ESV)
• "Because of the Lord's faithful love we do no perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!" (Lam. 3:22-23, ESV)
• "The Lord is good, a stronghold in a day of distress; He cares for those who take refuge in Him." (Nah. 1:7, ESV)
• "Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith. For the joy that lay before Him, He endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Her. 12:1-2, ESV)
• "Consider it great joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you experience various trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing." (James 1:2-4, ESV)
• "My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19, NIV)
• "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom. 8:38-39, NIV)
• "It is not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God. He has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:5-6, ESV)
• "For am I now trying to persuade people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Gal. 1:10, ESV)
• "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves." (Phil. 2:3, ESV)
(**Keep scrolling past "Recent Posts" to leave your comment!)